Definition of Terms
[Source: RA 10173 Data Privacy Act]
Personal information - refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Sensitive personal information - refers to personal information:
(1) About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
(2) About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
(3) Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or cm-rent health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
(4) Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
Information We Collect
2. When accessing protected sites (e.g. mySPCBA, Graduate Profiling) Cookies are used by mySPCBA to make use of the SPCBA log-in procedure. They are not currently used to track your usage, nor are they used in any other way at this time. We do not keep track of what pages you visit except to deliver a customized service or to provide a personalized service you have requested (for example, to display new announcements).
3. Our website makes use of technologies that collect additional information on top of what was previously mentioned. Information such as IP addresses and System Log files are collected and maintained.
An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. The IP (Internet Protocol) address information does not identify you personally, but rather identifies the computer you are using and may even identify your general location.
SPCBA computers that serve our site keep a minimum set of system logs that allow us to tune and protect the service and to determine general usage patterns. We do not keep the information any longer than necessary to meet these objectives. The information we collect consist of: The name of the Internet domain from which you access the Internet The date and time a SPCBA web site is visited The Internet address (IP number) of the web site from which you linked Selected information (like browser type) in logs can help when there are problems to be resolved.
Transfer and Sharing of Collected Information
SPCBA may share the collected information for the following cases or scenarios:
Security of Collected Information
To ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availablity of personal data that is collected; administrative, and technical processes and procedures are put in place to safekeep and protect the collected information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Retention of Collected Information
Personal Information of Minors
The services on this site are generally intended for persons 18 years of age and older. In the event that information to be collected by or contributed to SPCBA is that of a minor, prior consent from the parent or legal guardian should be obtained in compliance with RA 10173.
Complaints, Questions and Concerns
For any complaints, concerns, or questions regarding the collection and use of your personal information, you can contact our Web Administrator at email@example.com.